Tuesday, January 27, 2015

25 days, $1080, And a Bucket of Stories - Day 21

 25 days, $1080, And a Bucket of Stories - Day 21

Goal: Play in the Subway 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 25 days making at least 1080.00, which will cover all my bills for January.

Updated 1/20/15
Need 750
1/21/15                                   15.00
1/22/15                                   27.00
1/23/15                                   85.00
1/24/15                                   56.00
1/25/15                                   00.00
1/26/15                                   29.00
1/27/15                                   34.00
Below Goal: 120
Above Goal:
Under Hours: 16
Over Hours:
Total Days off taken
Days off this week

For Today
Goal: 50
Actual: 34
TIME: 2.5
WHERE: Monroe
CD's Sold: 1
Temp: High 31, Low 24, Current 30, feels like 21 - Clear
Father winter is back, showing his Gnarly little head.

This is - most definitely, my favorite breakfast on the planet.


The glass of very, very suspect cloudy yellow, is, infact.... Emergen - C :) 

French toast has always been one of my favorite foods. However, its something that falls off my radar at times - And I forget how easy it is to make. I make some kind of eggs every morning - and all you have to do, is dip the bread in the eggs before you cook em. What? Holy biscuits. How could I forget how easy that is?
So I've been making up for lost time and have eaten french toast 6 out of 7 days this week. :) 

Would you believe it if I told you I'm on target to leave ON TIME and get a FULL 5 hour day in? Or very close to on time. I still have to give Phil his anti-biotics and that can take some serious time some mornings - BUT - I'm very very close. 

Wait - no - Now I'm behind. 15 minutes has gone by because I got distracted picking out The Water is Wide on Nathan Scheetz guitar. 

THIS is what Happens! FOCUS WESTWOOD. 

So, I'm guessing, that by the end of today, I'll have "Hey Soul Sister" down pretty solid. Cause Oh Susannah is only about 1:45, and lord knows I'm gona get bored of that pretty quick. :) 


ALRIGHT! 
I'm off. 
Have a great day folks. Stay warm. And thank ht heavens you're not in New York today with their 2 feet of snow. :) 

Ryan

EDIT.

Such big plans we have. 5 hours plans, 6 hour plans. 2.5 hour plans.
Today was a fairly regular day. But I realized today that my plan is flawed. There is no way, that I can leave at 11, and play for 5 hours straight, and leave at 5. There's just no way. There's time gone from checking in at spots, and time gone from inevitable bathroom breaks.

I feel like this month has been more about time than anything else. Last year it was about the cold, and every dollar - this year its about time. I think - but who knows really :)

I talked with Will Steel into the wee hours of the morning tonight about Oregon Adventure Theatre, what's next, and what the plans are for this summer. Macbeth, and Much Ado About Nothing - In rep, in backyards, across Portland, through September. Some things just sound perfect. Don't they?

Folks - Its been a hard day. A day where you look back and think - I've had it with this day job. It was great for a bit, but - I'm very very over it. And its not even the playing the guitar and singing. Its the Carrying all the coats, and the guitar, and the uke, and my backpack, down to the subway, to all the stops checking in. Then to rehearsal, on all the buses. Then home, on the buses and trains.

I feel like a crazy bag lady with all my gear. There's too much to sit comfortably in 1 seat. especially if I decide to buy groceries on the way home like I did tonight. Then there's so much stuff, that I start getting angry at it - Like its all this stuff's fault I'm in a bad mood.

I forgot how hard it was. Playing this much. And in the long run and the large scheme of it all, its not ACTUALLY that much. Some jobs are hard. Coal miners. They have hard jobs. This is cake. But we all need to complain once in a while right? It feels very out of character. I don't understand it.

But - regardless of it all. Tomorrow, I will eat breakfast with Ashley Spessard, I will write a blog post, I will give Phil his Anti-Biotics, I will go to the subway and play for 3-5 hours, I will go to rehearsal and pretend to be a Scottish grasshopper, I will come home, give Phil his anti-biotics, write a blog post, do something ridiculous for at least 15 minutes - and curl up in my electric blanket and let it whisper me to sleep.

Love - from Ryan and the very upset hedgehog on his lap
- Good night


No comments:

Post a Comment