Thursday, January 29, 2015

25 days, $1080, And a Bucket of Stories - Day 23

 25 days, $1080, And a Bucket of Stories - Day 23

Goal: Play in the Subway 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 25 days making at least 1080.00, which will cover all my bills for January.

Updated 1/20/15
Need 750
1/21/15                                   15.00
1/22/15                                   27.00
1/23/15                                   85.00
1/24/15                                   56.00
1/25/15                                   00.00
1/26/15                                   29.00
1/27/15                                   34.00
1/28/15                                   00.00
1/29/15                                   44.00
Below Goal: 176
Above Goal:
Under Hours: 21
Over Hours:
Total Days off taken
Days off this week

For Today
Goal: 50
Actual: 44
TIME: 5
WHERE: Clark/Division, Monroe Red, Monroe Blue, Lasalle
CD's Sold: 0
Temp: High 37, Low 21, Current 35, feels like 23
The difference between this winter and last winter, is so, insanely huge.


And I'm off! I'm finishing a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch ( The best cereal on the continental and sub continental regions of planet Earth) and I'm headed out.

I'm supposed to meet this fella at Jackson Blue to get a copy of something he filmed weeks back. We'll see if it pans out.

Talk to yall later tonight!

Ryan


UPDATE

Today was a marathon. Not only did I play for the entire 5 hours, but I was kicked out of every station I went to besides Lasalle. I've never been kicked from so many stations in a day.

SO I realized I haven't given yall a play-by-play of a day in the subway for a long time and today is a great day for that. So here goes.

I left at 10:15 - which is remarkable for me and earlier than I've left any other day this month.
 I get off at lake, use the restroom in the Daley Center, walk to Washington. Jose - the blind dude who plays killer guitar riffs - is there. He tells me its locked up. Kevin is coming and then the fellas who sing accapella after him.

So I roll to Jackson Blue - Mohammed is leaving, and Ozzy is setting up, so I head to Clark/Lake, which I've never been to.
I play at Clark/Lake for about 30 minutes, make 7 dollars, and the K9 dude shows up. I pack it all up the second I see him, and he doesn't take my licence away (Cause I'm on the 3rd strike with this one dude. One more time, and he takes it, and I'm out another 15 bucks for another one).

So, I wait 8 minutes for the southbound train and check in at Jackson Red - Accapella dudes are there - They tell me Ron is coming at 2 and I should check back at 2 - but I know ron - and he's gona sing past 5, which is when i'm leaving, so its not worth my time.
Its 12:30 now and I'm at Monroe Red - I make really great money for an hour and 15 minutes. prolly 20ish dollars, and then I get booted by a CTA worker, who's superior is coming down on him for letting me play and not kicking me earlier.

Off to Monroe blue - its 2:00 now. I make 8 dollars.
Its 3 now. I make 7 dollars.
At 3:45, a dude, who hangs around between Monroe Blue and Jackson and may or may not be homeless,  tells me he's going to Mcdonalds and asks me if I want anything (It's ok - I know him. I see him all the time. We talk, we laugh, he discretely asks folks for change, I ask folks for dollars in exchange for my lofty notes. We're pals.) I give him 1.20 and he brings me a McChicken - which - is absolutely glorious, and only makes me feel sick for about 30 minutes.
4:07 I'm booted from Monroe Blue - a First.

At this point I'm basically sounding like Ralphie's dad in a Christmas Story, talking under my breath. Who know's what I said, but I'm assuredly going to hell for it.

I roll to Lasalle, make 7 dollars thanks to a nice boy, who, I really think saw how upset I was ( Because I wasn't playing music. I was just standing there with my Ukitar staring at the wall wondering how on earth I was going to motivate myself to play for another 30 minutes - And - at the same time, deciding if I should throw my Uke at the wall) And I call it quits at 4:45 because I can't take the feeling of all this stuff hanging off my body any longer.

I get on the train with a backpack, a guitar, and a ukulele, I eat my sandwich and chips. I finish reading Zenocide, I get to rehearsal an hour early, I sit in the greenroom for an hour, getting rid of all the frustration of the day, get out of rehearsal at 10:30, ride the bus home, pour a cup of throat coat and a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, write a blog post, give Phil his meds, Prolly play some silly game for 20 minutes - turn on my electric blanket to 4 - and call it a good, hard, very long day.

OH and I GOT that Video from Smokey while at Monroe Blue - But its in a wierd format - so I don't know how to upload it yet.

AND THAT WAS MY DAY!

It was long, hard, not very glorious, and I didn't even make a full 50 dollars, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I came very close, and I played for 5 hours. I'm gona call that good folks. Good as good.

Alright - Night time.

Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment