Thursday, February 13, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 8

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 8

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
Need: 746

Below Goal 0.00
Above Goal: 5.00



Day 8 of 23

Goal: 50$ by any means possible, Laundry, Starbucks job, and Avenue Q
Actual: 50.00
TIME: 3:30 - 6:00
WHERE: Monroe Redline
CD's Sold: 0
Temp: High 30, Low 11, feels like 19
I might actually sweat today with all these layers. We'll See!!!!!!!

Look at the numbers folks - 356.00 in week one, tax free - Thank you Chicago - Thank you.
So while yesterday was pretty wonderful, and even though 102.00 in a day makes me feel like a sunflower in July - I am wiped. My voice is at about 75% and my body is just tired tired. I'm leaving incredibly late today. Its just before 1pm. I just slept and slept, and woke up at 6 to put rolls out to rise, then at 8 to toss em in the oven, and then slept some more. :) Goals today are 50$, laundry, applying for the Starbucks near my new apartment, and working on 2 Avenue Q songs - because I got a callback last night!!!!!!!

Also, Here's the link to the concert I'm doing at Filament Theatre on February 22nd at 7:30. Come. Listen to music, drink what ever you drink, eat home made bread, and make memories.
http://www.filamenttheatre.org/event/ryan-westwood-stories-and-songs/
Facebook event
https://www.facebook.com/events/696375063716787/?previousaction=join&source=1

This dog on my lap is making it very difficult to leave. :)

EDIT:

Really solid day today. I got out to Jackson at about 2:30, and it was locked up till 7 - so I said I'd come back at 7, I looked for another spot for about an hour ended up at Monroe until 6:30. 
The awesome thing is - I played the same 2 or 3 songs, for the whole time. 
My voice was shot from yesterday - so I sang the 2 songs that require almost zero vocal work on my part. Fire and Rain by James Taylor - and Dream a Little Dream. Both, traditionally, have scored me mega tips in the past. 

So every time the train would go by, I'd start Fire and Rain over. If we average a train every 4 minutes, which I think is solid because I played through rush hour. I played Fire and Rain at least 40 times. And STILL made 50 dollars. Amazing. I felt like I was cheating. Like I wasn't working hard enough. But the voice needed a break. 

Tomorrow I cash in all the change from the week~! Booya! Also, I'm literally 1 dollar bill away from being able to make the 425 security deposit payment tomorrow! First deadline will assuredly be met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!

Ryan 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Pat! I will! Thanks so much for reading! Means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete