Monday, February 24, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 19

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 19

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
                          98.00 from day 9
                          10.00 from day 10
                          00.00 from day 11
                          36.00 from day 12
                          00.00 from day 13
                          00.00 from day 14
                          00.00 from day 15
                          00.00 from day 16
                          50.00 from day 17
Updating the record here -
                         248.00 from Concert from bread, Flat fee, and CD sales (Whoever dropped 80 dollars in my bread tin -you- anonymous sir or madam- are truly, absolutely, and undoubtedly - an angel. Thank you.
                          30.00 left from money from folks for guitar equipment
                          32.00 from CD sales on Bandcamp
                          75.00 coming from Alyssa and her sister
                          00.00 from day 18 - Spent 13 on flour and butter
                          56.00 from day 19

Bills: 689 - rent, hedgehog, keys, 2 cta passes (one this Monday, one next)
Cash in hand: 415


New Need: 274
Below Goal: 31.00
Above Goal:

Day 19 of 23

Goal: Make 50-60 dollars by any means possible. Get a mask from Jeff Semmerling
Actual: 
TIME: 4 hours
WHERE: Monroe Redline
CD's Sold: 1
Temp: High 24, Low 14, feels like 12
Thermal underwear FTW

So - you know what I didn't expect? To get really excited to put my thermal underwear back on after about 9 days of not wearing it. It makes me feel like superman - or Batman, even more, because - Its like my armor.
Almost as if - If I wear this stuff - I am INVINCIBLE! 

At any rate - I'm pumped. Its going to be a fast and furious week if I'm going to make this happen - And I just realized I'm going to be moving AND playing on the 27th - so its gona get wild. 
Things are going to be tricky today, because I have to leave after about an hour of playing to go pick up a mask from Jeff Semmerling http://www.jeffsemmerling.com/ for a Marti Gras masquerade I'm going to on the first, and then head back down to play. I'd really like to go to dinner with some friends at Eataly downtown tonight, but, I'm probobly going to have to just swing by, say hi, and then go play - because, otherwise, I wont make the money I need. And - with only 4 or 5 days left - there's no room for mistakes - and no room for getting behind. It's GO time folks.

EDIT:

Today was a pretty straight forward day. Nothing too wild - just spot bouncing to Grand just to find a homeless dude there, so I rolled back to Monroe for the 2nd half.
I met a woman named Sonny today. She bought a CD, gave me a Pomegranate Raspberry lollipop and went along her way. Some days you just luck out, you know?

Also - for the record -all in all - Today I ate - 4 bread sticks - 1 hand pie - 1 tamale 1 bite of a cookie - 2 green peppers, raw, like an apple - 1 bowl of pasta - 1 ramen noodles -1 gummy butterfly - 1 packet of gummy something or others - 1 snack size Oreo package - 1/2 snack size chips ahoy package - 1 chocolate chip granola bar - 1 peanut butter granola bar - 1 Swedish fish - and - I think 1 more thing. but i can't remember it.

It was - just - a really varied day. I feel like I was just eating appetizer samplers all day. Never a real entree. The pasta was close, but it wasn't a big enough bowl to be a proper entree.
And - I found out that Eataly - just off the Grand stop - sells green peppers at 79 cents a pound. Which is about 2.7 peppers a dollar - so - Score. Mega score. Food while I'm out.

I've run into a problem - haven't figured out how to solve it yet.  I will undoubtedly hit my 1150 goal. I'm just over 100 dollars away - but -

There's only 3 days left. I need approximately 197 dollars to hit the money I need to pay for everything by 5pm on Thursday so at 50/day, I'm 47 short

So far I've got this -
Option 1 - play for at least 6 hours for the next 3 days, drinking 3 times as much water as I did the first week, so I don't hurt my voice again. That should bring in an extra 50.

Option 2 - Put up three new songs on ryanwestwood.bandcamp.com - sell them for a dollar each, and get approximately 17 people to buy each of  them by Thursday.

Ope - nope. Option 2 wont work - Because it takes 4 business days to transfer that money to a bank account. I think I'm still going to do it - but - Option 1. It's going to have to be a marathon. Nothing like sprinting to the finish right?

Here we go -
Step one - Bed time. its 2:44 am.

Love -

Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment