Thursday, February 20, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 15

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 15

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
                          98.00 from day 9
                          10.00 from day 10
                          00.00 from day 11
                          36.00 from day 12
                          00.00 from day 13
                          00.00 from day 14
                          00.00 from day 15
Need: 602

Below Goal 201.00
Above Goal:



Day 15 of 23

Goal: Rest, Bread and Tea with Molly, Walmart for money gram, EVERQUEST
Actual: 0
TIME: 0
WHERE: 0
CD's Sold: 0
Temp: High 42, Low 27, feels like 35 - Rain. Floods.
A few days ago I mentioned the flood. It has come.

Alright folks - This is kind of a back post because I didn't have time to write this morning.
MY VOICE. It DIDN'T hurt when I woke up today! First time since Valentines day. So - Things are getting better - still chugging water - still not singing until Saturday - Still taking multiple long hot and steamy showers every day. I don't know why "Hot and steamy showers" makes me laugh every time i write it - but - alas. It does.

I had a wonderful time earlier today with Molly Bunder, eating bread, drinking tea, talkin' our butts off, and occasionally digging into the big stuff. Like what it's like to lose someone you're wildly close to - and what that actually looks like in reality. The things you never think of. The things that catch you off gaurd. The things - the things that go bump in the night. :)

Ran to Walmart to get a money gram from my folks to help cover the costs of replacing lost music equipment for the show saturday and raced home - to attend the matter at hand. EVERQUEST.

Introducing Axecat and Ayuve

One of my dearest friends, Luther Wirtz, and I have played this game since high school. It's the ORIGINAL MMORPG. Some people will argue this - and they will lose. I'm Axecat - He's Ayuve. I'm a Berzerker, He's a Paladin. Together we've saved the world countless times and been on more adventures than I can count. Every once in a while we pull the game back out and go to town - today is one such day. 

I'll update later with the adventures. Get ready. It'll be Epic.

EDIT:
So - before I go into this - I just want to put out up front - that is is a nerd post - and yes - this is what I did with one of my days off. I've no shame. 

Background. 
Ryan = Axecat level 86 Axecat is a berserker, a DPS character - (damage per second) - who just eats mobs (bad guys) for breakfast.
Lu = Ayuve level 77 Ayuve is a paladin, a TANK character - (Takes all the damage from the mobs) who can hold his own against at least 7 equal leveled mobs at the same time .
Lu and I started out by heading to our favorite hunting grounds - a place we just call - Spideys. See, I'm 10 levels higher than Lu, and I get good experience from said "Spideys" So - Lu, gets phenomenal experience. SO! We headed there and I did a polar bear round up on the way - what that means - is that I round up all the polar bears in the region, prolly about 30 bears, then I use a Riposte ability - that attacks them, each time they attack me - and without going into the game schematics and the math - it means I make a STUPID amount of attacks in a VERY short time, and allows me to kill 30 bears in the time it takes to kill 1 - again - GREAT experience. 


So - from there we head of to the Hills of Shade - On the way there we have a run in with a handful of skeletons that might be the most epic part of the night. - I'll get to that later - 

Now the Hills of Shade are great because everything is undead, and Lu, being a paladin - owns undead. He's still a bit under level for the zone, but can use a bunch of abilities he usually cant. So we roam here for half an hour or so and then head to the Meat and Potatoes of the evening. 
Arcstone

Please save your "oo's and awe's about the graphics that look like they're just a step above the N64 and came from 1995 for later - I have an adventure to tell

So Lu and I have never been here, and we're far too high level for the zone - so we just roam around demolishing everything - killing the highest level mobbers in the zone. Raid mobs included. (Raid mobs = mobs that, if you were the level you're supposed to be to match the zone - you'd need a "Raid" or 12ish people to take em out) And Lu and I just slice and Dice em. 
Occasionally I'll get in too deep somewhere with too many mobbers and Lu has to swing in all Paladin like and pop a LoH - or Lay of Hands (instant full heal with a heal over time after it) on me so I don't die. 
It ah - It gets pretty intense. 
Here's a pretty EPIC photo of Ayuve - so you get the picture. 
After that we spend some time figureing out how to get into "Skyshrine, The Library" Or something like that. We get in, do the quest wrong, have to restart, go back in, Own it, and complete the quest. 
If I haven't convinced you of Everquest's epicness - Just take a look at this - The Story of the Day

Now - You need to read this - Like its the coolest thing ever, like its the best, most fast pace, most riveting, exciting story in the whole world - Because - it is.  

So Lu and I are rolling through Loping Planes ( a zone in the game) like we own the place, because, lets be real here - we do- We're headed to the Chapel, a place where all these skeletons hang out. So I roll up onto this hill, and its like BAM! All these skeletons pop out of no where, like 6 of these things. So, I pop half of my damage maximizing disciplines, commonly known as DROPPING HALF OF THE KITCHEN SINK, Lu rolls up on his White Unicorn - yes - he rides a unicorn in the game - that's the mount that the game gives Paladins - and its badass. so don't laugh or Axecat will eat you for dinner. ANYWAY - He rolls up and starts poppin heals cause lord knows I AIN'T NO TANK. But Lu pulls aggro (that's when you get the mobs attention and he starts attacking you) and lu, is still a little low level for this zone - so he basically gets eaten by about 46 skeletons - ok, there was only like 6, but IT WAS ENOUGH. - HOWEVER - before he dies - He pops me with a Lay of Hands! Which means BOOM I'm full health, BOOM I have a heal over time on me (So, as i get damaged, I'm also getting healed) I toss the REST OF THE KITCHEN SINK and down the skellys with at least 7% life to spare BECAUSE AXECAT JUST OWNS SHIT WHEN HE GETS ANGRY, I pop my mercenary to resurrect Lu, He comes back to life POOF - and we celebrate. And by celebrate - I mean clear (take out all the mobs in said area) the Chapel over and over until we feel we've taught the skellys a lesson. 

If for some reason you are STILL not convinced that Everquest is the most EPIC thing in the universe - 
Just watch this video. 

It's alright if you need to say out loud, and post of Facebook to all your friends that you're not convinced. We all have reputations to uphold. I understand. I get it. But I also understand, that you understand, that  have an.....understanding - about Everquest being the most EPIC thing in the universe. 

What a great night. Just - the best - just the best of nights. 

Check in tomorrow, when I walk you through how to bake 3 loaves of bread and 100 rolls, in one oven, over 10 hours.

Night new Everquest fans -
Ryan - Axecat


No comments:

Post a Comment