Saturday, February 15, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 10

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 10

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
                          98.00 from day 9
                          10.00 from day 10
Need: 638

Below Goal 0.00
Above Goal: 13.00



Day 10 of 23

Goal: 50$ by any means possible, apply for Whole Foods, Avenue Q
Actual: 0.00
TIME: None
WHERE: None
CD's Sold: 1
Temp: High 22, Low 17, feels like 15
Movin on up! Booya!

I'm just a sleepy duck today. I've got to run to a pet store to buy food for Phil before I go out today, and then am headed to Peter Oyloe's concert at Filament at about 6.
LINK!
http://www.filamenttheatre.org/event/peter-oyloe-in-concert/

But I'm gona be taking it reaaaaaal easy today. If I'd just stick to 4 hours, make my 50 bucks and go home, my voice would be so much less tired - but, I really can't turn away from 20 dollars an hour on a Holiday. That's just bad business.
Solution: gallons of hot water and honey - Gona buy Throat Coat tonight - gona sing Fire and Rain over... and over... and over... haha.
My folks are gona be in Chicago today, but I don' know if we'll be able to meet up or not. They're helping some friends move, and they're leaving much later than they anticipated. So, we'll see.

In the meantime ... .I've a grindstone to attend to.


OH! I forgot! Yesterday, I ran into a homeless guy on the street. State and Washington. His name is Kev-O - and he's an awesome artist. Sits on the corner all day, inking away with markers, and sells his work on the street - and takes requests. SO! I hired him to make me a postcard I could copy and hand out for my concert on the 22nd. 20 bucks. I'll pick it up Monday between noon and 3. He doesn't have a phone. He's just down there every day. So. Hopefully this will pan out. Or I'm down 20 dollars.

Ryan

EDIT:

I forgot I had an accapella rehearsal from 3:30 - 6 tonight. So, I convinced myself to take the day off. I need to sleep folks. I literally fell asleep mid rehearsal. I was just sitting there while the tenors were working a part of the song - next thing I woke up to Sam throwing a shoe at my chest. 

I'm also taking the day off tomorrow - and from Midnight tonight to 6PM tomorrow - I'm not talking. My voice is far more sore than I thought it was - so, recoup for the audition tomorrow. Great news however - is because I'm not talking or singing, I can take Ibuprofen to take the swelling down and speed the healing without fear of messing things up further. Thanks modern medicine. 

Peter Oyloe's concert was so wonderful tonight. So inspiring - and got me so excited to get up on that stage and share my soul with you all. I forget about the magic that happens when you get behind a microphone. The world you run off too - and the adventure you take with the people listening. 

Do yourself a favor - and before you read this next paragraph - Put this song on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AObC5VKMdEc

Peter had several guitars all in different tunings - and - made me miss my lost guitar so hard, because she was in a different tuning. Open E. 
To get you all up to date - I carelessly left a guitar in a a space full of windows and unlocked doors, and two hours later - she was gone. She was a magic guitar - Given to me by a stranger in the subway last fall while busking - On my Birthday, September 9th. Randomly. Like magic. 
She was stolen from me before I could name her. She started writing a song, the only song she ever wrote (because, half the time - the guitar writes the music. That's not me musing - its the truth) - and never got to finish - and now - I have to finish it for her - without her somehow. I don't know how to do it. It's like finishing a song you and an ex lover wrote together. 

Wow - I didn't expect to cry tonight. I must be tired. I really thought I was over and done with this. 

Lyrics from Hello my old heart by The Oh Hello's - Nothing lasts forever, somethings aren't meant to be, but you'll never find find the answers, till you set your old heart free. 

Eventually I'll finish that song - Its about an Irish Sailor, who, despite his ship sinking off shore and his whole crew succumbing to the deep - cannot help but be called back to the sea.
 And Then - Maybe then - I'll forgive the folks that stole her, forgive myself for being so god damn careless with my darling, put her into the driftless sleep of my memories, and set my old heart free. 

Thank you all for reading - I don't think I can express what it means to me - Not yet anyhow - 

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment