Sunday, February 23, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 18

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 18

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
                          98.00 from day 9
                          10.00 from day 10
                          00.00 from day 11
                          36.00 from day 12
                          00.00 from day 13
                          00.00 from day 14
                          00.00 from day 15
                          00.00 from day 16
                          50.00 from day 17
Updating the record here -
                         248.00 from Concert from bread, Flat fee, and CD sales (Whoever dropped 80 dollars in my bread tin -you- anonymous sir or madam- are truly, absolutely, and undoubtedly - an angel. Thank you.
                          30.00 left from money from folks for guitar equipment
                          32.00 from CD sales on Bandcamp
                          75.00 coming from Alyssa and her sister
Need:  217
Below Goal:
Above Goal:134.00
ABOVE GOAL BY 134.00!!!!!!!!!
However - I've spent some money I shouldn't have over the last month - so I'm going to do an update -
Bills: 689 - rent, hedgehog, keys, 2 cta passes (one this Monday, one next)
Cash in hand: 415


New Need: 274

Above Goal: 26.00

Day 18 of 23

Goal: Prep for the week, Finish up gameplan for bills, start cutting audio for a live album
Actual: 
TIME: 
WHERE: 
CD's Sold: 
Temp: High 24, Low 8, feels like 8
I have not given up - give it 3 weeks - spring is coming.

So this morning I woke up to a torrent of posts, pictures, and videos that shot up on facebook last night. So - Thanks for all that folks. If you want to see photos from the event, check out Bernardo Alvarez's blog!
http://banjoandporch.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/ryan-westwood-on-filmament-theatre/

And if you'd like to see a couple preliminary videos, check them out on Dominic Maino's youtube
Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6SQEQAX7K4
and
Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvyy6j6pD8

I've got the whole concert, stories and all recorded - and, provided the audio is good enough, which, I think it will be - I'm hoping to chop it up into a 20 or so track live album within the next few months. So, get prepared for that - She is coming.

Great news is..... I'm back on target for my goal!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gona take the day off to rest up from the show and rehydrate from the celebrations... :) That'll put me at 25 under my goal - and I'm very optimistic, that, on Friday, at 5 pm, I'll make a bank deposit - and everything will be covered. Cant rest easy yet, there's still 5 more days in the race.

A bunch of folks are coming over to Lindsey's place tonight for a Bollywood Movie Party - So - I'm gona get some bread crackin. YOU KNOW WHAT! I just thought of this - But - this would be a great - great - great day to try out this recipie I saw on a cooking show for HAND PIES made with preserves. I think that's it. Buying flour and butter, looking up a recipe for pie crust and doin it - but first - another nap. Lets get things in order here.

I'll keep you updated.

Ryan

EDIT:

SO Bollywood movies are hilarious. Who knew? Also - hand pies are a dream come true. And so is the recipe for bread sticks my grandma came up with.

I was going to talk a lot more about the pies I made - but then Catie Osborn Facebook messaged me with some very great news.
Catie is quitting her day job. She's going to work as an Armorer in several renaissance fairs across the United States, then she's going to intern at Great River Shakespeare Festival - and then - She's going to grad school at Mary Baldwin College - and in three years - She'll have an MFA in Shakespeare Performance.

She told me -
 "I don't know how I'm going to pay for any of it. And every time you post, I feel better about my life, and know that I'm making the right choice. So thank you for being a person I know that is doing the thing that I want to do."

Over the years - So many people have said so many similar things - all revolving around how lucky I am, or how wonderful it is that I'm doing what I WANT to do - what I'm passionate about - what I love.
An old boss of mine - Bill Hamilton, from when I was a debt collector at H&R Accounts - (Now called Avadyne Health) - He used to tell me over and over - "Just keep doing what you love Ryan - I don't think you know how lucky you are that you know what you want at your age. Most of us here - myself included - just kind of found ourselves at this job - and stayed. So - keep at it."

And there is nothing wrong with working hard, making a living, supporting a family, and creating a life for them. There is just nothing even close to wrong with that - But, its not enough for me. I need to love what I'm doing.  and Bill's right - I'm lucky. I'm most likely doomed to be half broke for the rest of my life - but when I sit and think about it - When it gets quiet - I can't have it any other way. I refuse to have it any other way. broke or not -

This is the best I've felt about my life since last July - Things are moving - I'm setting goals again, I'm driven, and I'm focused. A giant part of that, is this blog, another giant part of that is the people I've surrounded myself with - and the people - god bless them - that pay my bills every day one dollar at a time.

Tomorrow - it is officially back to the grind. 4-5 hours in the subway. Its going to be cold. I'ts going to be long. Its going to be hard. And its going to be filled with love - with good bread - with good people - with good music -

Life, I'm realizing more and more - every day - is what you fill it with. And that's what I want in mine Love - Bread - People - Music -

Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment