Sunday, February 9, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 4

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
Need: 998



Day 4 of 23

Goal: 50$ by any means possible, and apply for 3 jobs
Actual: 32 + 20
TIME: 2  Hours
WHERE: Monroe Redline 11:40 -2:40
CD's Sold: 2
Temp: High 20, Low -2. Feels like 4.
Poppin 2 pairs of socks, thermal underwear, two jackets, coat, hat, scarf - The Works.

Today, Filament closes our beloved Snow Queen. We opened a month ago, with two weeks of very rushed rehearsals, and I couldn't be more sad to let her go. Some shows are bitter sweet when they close down - this one, could just keep running. I love it. I love the story, I love the people, I love the folks that come to the show, I love the puppets, I love the masks, I love ALL THE WHITE FABRIC. It was a labor of love from the beginning, and when we lay her down to rest tonight, it will be will with the deepest love, and the deepest thanks.

Christian, Mara, Lindsey, Molly, Julie, Andrew, Grace, Luke, Melissa, Jackie, Noel, Allegra - I love you all. What a beautiful ride this has been.
Cheers - to an incredible show, to a labor of love, to Filament stew, to songs around the piano, to whiskey after wine,  to sweeping snow, to sleeping at Christian's, to NIKKI, to....RESET, to roses, to swallowswallowswallowswallow, to Filament Stew, to Mara's apple cheeks,  to burritos up the street, to all the things children say, to the slow buses on Irving Park, to chewing our hot chocolate, to singing I saw three ships, to it snowing EVERY weekend,  to the miles and gallons and buckets of pulled pork we will eat tonight, to getting an entire audience to screech happy birthday, to half birthdays, to Mara, for driving so many of us home, to sailboats, motorboats, big ships, small ships to schooners... and the rest of them, and to the the thing that brings us together day after day, year after year - To Friendship.

Headed to the subway in one hour! Heading back after a day off is always hard - getting back into the groove. I'll prolly get 3 hours in today, which is one shy of what I've been doing. So, we'll see if I hit the 50.

Today, like so many others, is gona be a good day. Some days you can just feel it. You know? Like the sunrise coming on - you just know its gona happen. 

All the love - all of it -

Ryan 

Edit coming tonight, or - tomorrow. I may not come home tonight. Depends on if we bring out the whiskey after the wine tonight. :)

EDIT:

Today was a slow day. It's Sunday, and I was at Monroe, which is not a High traffic stop on a work day. However. A gaggle of high school students from Florida who were on a trip for a United Nations Mock Conference came by. About 20 of them. I sang really high, with alot of riffing, and won the hearts of about 8 of them. They bought 2 CD's and dropped at least 13 dollars in tips - which means they accounted for more than half the money I made. If not for them, I wouldn't have made it. 

Now - the real magic. Dominic Maino, a member of the Filament Theatre board of directors found me after the show tonight and put a 20 dollar bill in my pocket. He said he was thrilled and excited about the things I was doing in the subway and wanted to help any way he could. I didn't have the heart to tell him at the time - but - Without you Dominic, I wouldn't have hit 50 dollars today. I got up too late, only made 32 dollars, and then you rolled along like an angel, and made up the difference without even knowing it. So- I can't thank you enough. For your support for Filament, and your support for me. 

Things have a way of working themselves out. You give everything you have, everything you can give, and then the world makes up the difference. The world is running out of space. In 100 years there will be barely room for all of us - but we will never, never run out of good people.

Cheers friends - to Tomorrow. To good people. To the people of Chicago - who are paying my bills this month. 

Ryan 




1 comment: