Saturday, February 22, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 17

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 17

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
                          98.00 from day 9
                          10.00 from day 10
                          00.00 from day 11
                          36.00 from day 12
                          00.00 from day 13
                          00.00 from day 14
                          00.00 from day 15
                          00.00 from day 16
                          50.00 from day 17
Need: 602

Below Goal 251.00
Above Goal:



Day 17 of 23

Goal: Rest, BREAD rinse, repeat
Actual: 50
TIME: TOM JACKSON
WHERE: TOM JACKSON
CD's Sold: 
Temp: High 33, Low 15, feels like 15
Spring is over, the flood is gone, winter is back :(

I'm on the radio today at 11:30! Listen live at www.WLUW.org

ALSO! My concert is tonight at 7:30! LINK! https://www.facebook.com/events/696375063716787/

ALSO! Thanks TOM JACKSON for sponsering me today! Tom gave me 50 dollars straight up and down so I could take the day of my concert off to prepare for the evening and come on his radio show!!!!!

THANKS TOM! It's people like you that are gona make this month work.

Speaking of this month working - I'M BACK ON THE STREET TOMORROW!

My voice feels great, we'll see how she does tonight, and then it's back to 50 dollars a day. Hopefully I'll make a good amount of money at the concert tonight to bring me closer to a steady balance, and then its go go gadget pay dem bills time. I can't wait. CAN'T wait.

I'm staying with Lindsey Dorcus this week. I showed up at 11 last night and she greeted me with a hug, and a bowl of chili, and and AIR MATTRESS. Some times, you just live the good life.

Her cat Henry took the evening to get used to me, and then plopped on my lap in the morning. Lap cat. The best. Sorry allergies.

Until tonight!

Ryan

Edit:

You know those nights, when you've had a few beers, you've worked incredibly hard all day, been praised by friends and colleagues alike, are wearing a huge scarf, your flannel, and slippers because they make you feel like home, have a mason jar of water at your left, and a bowl of popcorn at you right?

Tonight is one of those.

I think - I think it's safe to say that I killed it tonight at Filament. It was - it was supposed to be about 1.5 to two hours - and - I played - for 3 hours. it was 3 sets plus an encore - and I played for 3 hours. I had no idea. I asked the audience what time it was at some point and they said back, "it doesn't matter" - from them on I didn't care.

I sang almost everything tonight. I forgot to sing Charlotte Mae - a favorite - but aside from that - I sang almost all the songs I love - I've written at least an hour's more worth of music - but its good to know the ones I love - amount to about 3 hours.

I told so many stories tonight - some - that I've never told to an audience before. Some all new. Some were die hard stories I've told over and over - but they all received the same response - Joy.

There was joy in the audience tonight. It shot out of me. Like a rocket in the night :) :) :) bounced off them, and then just rolled around in the space. It was palpable. You could taste it, you could slice through it - the joy in the room tonight.

You feed people with bread you made with your own hands - You entertain them with music that came from your soul, and you share an evening with them. You run the gambit of emotions - you push your voice to the liimit. You smile - you laugh - you love - you learn - you laugh some more - and then you sing - for 3 hours - and at the end of it - You're not ready for it to end - you could just ramble along with them for 2 more hours. You could share with them the stories of your entire life - and they'd be there - engaged and happy - for as long as you needed to tell it all. To tell it true. To tell it, like it is - like you are - And they give you their laughter - they give you their tears - they give you their applause and they give you their silence. They give you their stories, their struggles, their triumphs - They share their life with you, as you share yours with them - THAT - is it. That's what tonight was. That's what my music is about - That's what my art is about - And it happened tonight - at Filament - with a crowd that was there 100% of the way.

The entire concert was recorded live. - And - with some work - I'll have a :"Live" album up on Bandcamp in a few months -

It was an incredible night. One for the record books - the best show I've ever played - and the most love I've ever projected out to a group of people.

I love you all - more than - well - Frankly, more than I understand how to explain -

I must sleep - it's a long day tomorrow -

With all my love,
Ryan


2 comments:

  1. I hope you include your stories as tracks, they were almost as good as the songs.

    ReplyDelete