Wednesday, February 26, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 21

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 21

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
                          98.00 from day 9
                          10.00 from day 10
                          00.00 from day 11
                          36.00 from day 12
                          00.00 from day 13
                          00.00 from day 14
                          00.00 from day 15
                          00.00 from day 16
                          50.00 from day 17
Updating the record here -
                         248.00 from Concert from bread, Flat fee, and CD sales (Whoever dropped 80 dollars in my bread tin -you- anonymous sir or madam- are truly, absolutely, and undoubtedly - an angel. Thank you.
                          30.00 left from money from folks for guitar equipment
                          32.00 from CD sales on Bandcamp
                          75.00 coming from Alyssa and her sister
                          00.00 from day 18 - Spent 13 on flour and butter
                          56.00 from day 19
                        102.00 from day 20 spent 3 dollars on milk
                          74.00 from day 21

Bills: 689 - rent, hedgehog, keys, 2 cta passes (one this Monday, one next)
Cash in hand: 415


New Need: 274
Below Goal:
Above Goal: 42.00

Day 21 of 23

Goal: Make 65 dollars by any means possible. Go to whole foods tomorrow
Actual: 
TIME: 4.5 - 5 hours
WHERE: Monroe / washington
CD's Sold: 1
Temp: High 10, Low 0, feels like -6
If I die today - Nathan- Take care of Phil.

FORGOT TO BLOG! I have zero time! Meeting Andrew Marchetti for lunch in an hour -
I just looked at the weather - and - part of me doesn't know if I'm ready for the cold that this day will be - the other part is screaming "YOU ARE A VIKING! PUT YOUR HORN HAT ON MAN UP" - so - I think I'll be alright.
2 more days until the bank deposit - 97 dollars to go. Two very, very cold days are ahead of me.

Gotta Go! Update tonight!

EDIT:

Man - what a day. I got kicked out of Monroe after 40 minutes and was bumed. BUT - I headed to Washington - got a spot for an hour and made almost 35 bucks! Then I jamed with the the drummer that gave me the spot for an hour, made another 15 with a CD sale. So - Poof - in two hours - I had my 50 bucks. Then I played at Monroe from another hour, hour and a half - and made the other 24. 

Joe Severino. Is that somebody important? This guy at Washington gave me a dollar - then his buddy gave me his leftover Parmesean Chicken and Mushrooms (Which, I ate about 20 minutes later - and - was just - INCREDIBLE). When I asked their names - the one said john, the other - Joe - and then John, like I was supposed to be impressed - said, Severino - Joe Severino - Not knowing who that was - I replied with a stunned ohhhhh! Welllll Nice to meet you - MR. Severino - and they laughed. So - He's somebody - I just don't know who. 

Haywood - I met a man from Georgia named Haywood today. HAYWOOD. Is that not the coolest name ever? I mean, surely unfortunate on the middle school playground - but - Aside from that. Amazing. 
He heard me playing harmonica, came over, dropped a dollar, and said, "Man, you really gotta get down to Georgia. P Street. Man, you'd kill it"
I was playing this song I'm working on - that - doesn't have a shape yet - just 3 chords, and harmonica - and - is definitely about a place. Yesterday - It was Georgia - A place I've never been outside of the Atlanta airport when I was 10 and transferring planes on my way to San Fransisco with my family. Today - it was about Iowa - The place I grew up. I changed it because I have, just a tad, more experience there. 
But - maybe it was a sign. Maybe it needs to be Georgia. Maybe that's what Haywood was trying to tell me.. . 
Songs play out in really random ways - and - I'm fairly superstitious about them. That's why I can't finish the song I started on my stolen guitar - Seems wrong to play it on Ol' Red. 
So - we'll see - Maybe it will be Georgia. Then again, maybe tomorrow it will be about the Sahara Desert. You never know with these things. 

On an ending note - I received an anonymous donation today. I know who it was, but they asked to remain anonymous. - I'll fill you in tomorrow morning - But - suffice it to say, it's game-changing. 

Love in bushels and stacks of bushels, 

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment