Sunday, February 16, 2014

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 11

23 days, $1150, And One Hell of a February - DAY 11

Goal: make 1265.00 in the month of February.
Bills: Security Deposit on new apartment 425, rent on new apartment 425, Hedgehog deposit 150, Key deposit 50, Food 80, CTA 96
Current Funds: 115.00 from Postering for Macbeth - Thank you Rachel Mayer.
                          74.00 from day 1
                          78.00 from day 2
                          00.00 from day 3
                          52.00 from day 4
                            1.00 from day 5
                          49.00 from day 6
                        102.00 from day 7
                          50.00 from day 8
                          98.00 from day 9
                          10.00 from day 10
                          00.00 from day 11
Need: 638

Below Goal 37.00
Above Goal:



Day 11 of 23

Goal: Get. Better. Voice. , apply for Whole Foods, Avenue Q
Actual: 0.00
TIME: NONE
WHERE: NA
CD's Sold: NONE
Temp: High 27, Low 17, feels like 17
Wish I was out today. It's gorgeous out

Today is day off # 2. I haven't said more than 10 words since about 10pm last night, and wont till about 6pm tonight. Givin her as much rest as possible. On cup 4 of throat coat today and I'm gona go pick up a personal steamer (Thanks for the Suggestion Cory Goodrich) this afternoon.
This, of course means I'll have to work harder in the coming weeks - but, lord knows I can't work at all without a voice.
Tea. Honey. Blog. = Success
Callback for Avenue Q today is at 8:30 - so - wish me luck. I'm gona need it.

If you haven't ever refrained from making a sound for 18-24 hours - I'd highly, highly recommend it. You need to plan for it, can't do it on a day your at work - or the day you're supposed to sing the national anthem at a Bears game or anything - But plan a day where you'll have little contact with people - and then just don't speak. I do it 3 or 4 times a year when I rip up my voice like this - and - It slows things down. It makes you listen more. Think more. I love it.

Today's plans include beginning to work up a set list - Re learning songs I've forgotten, and finishing work on Avenue Q. It's tricky - learning music while not singing - but I'm whistling the tunes - and hitting all the consonants for the muscle memory. Silly silly.

Also- Today officially begins my advertising blast for my concert on the 22nd at Filament theater!

Read the press release here - http://www.filamenttheatre.org/event/ryan-westwood-stories-and-songs/

and join the event here - https://www.facebook.com/events/696375063716787/?source=1

and listen to a new song ever day - Here - on the blog.

This one is Good Morning Australia - A lullaby that shot out of me a month or so ago.
http://space.miidio.com/audio/a89018MB8.php


EDIT:

This is my new baby. I'm naming her Darla. 
Darla and I are gona get real cozy tonight. And hopefully, the voice will feel better in the morning. 

The callback went as good as I could have asked for. My voice was great, I'm proud of the choices I made, and the dance call was more of a really basic movement call - which is great for the guys that cant dance. Like me. 

Tomorrow I'm back out to the subway.  I'll be getting up at 7 to work up some rolls. Its my goal this week to figure out how to make delicious puffy, fluffy rolls. Because mine have always turned to bricks. I'll let you know around 11 tomorrow. 

Goodnight Friends. Goodnight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment